Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

On my state return it is bringing in last year's schedule C…

Customer Question
On my state return...

On my state return it is bringing in last year's schedule C that I did not input on Federal. How can I remove this

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

When I ran alerts on my state return it is showing a Schedule C I didn't input? How do I remove it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Financial Software
3/16/2018
Tech Support Rep: ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant replied 1 month ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant

Hi. Great Question. Do you have a Turbotax? If so, go into "forms", open the Schedule C and choose "delete form" which should be one of the 3 options listed under the form.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have taxact and when i go into ma schedule c it wont let me delete it i already tried that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I deleted it from federal when i started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It comes back in the alerts. What should i do. I dont want to file if its wrong.

Hi. There is a Massachusetts Schedule C form, as well - checking if this form was deleted, as well. It will not hurt if it is still attached - as long as it is -0-.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Its not zero and i have no idea where its coming up with the amount. Its like 4000 and last we only had income of 1000
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None this year
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This doesnt help and i want to ensure i dont get charged any money please. Ill try something else. Thank you

No worries.

I would check your main Massachusetts return first - see if there is 4,000 in income anywhere. I would definitely go back to the state interview and redo it. We can help you a lot, also, if you could attach the returns and can look to see if there is something that is causing it.

Robert M., Consultant