Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

My 2017 tax return is showing a refund of 47,630 which

Customer Question
My 2017 tax return...

My 2017 tax return is showing a refund of 47,630 which equals the ss benefits paid to my husband and I. Feels like something is wrong :)

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I entered the amounts from box 5 for my husband and me; straight ss benefits paid, and the deductions. This is our only income. Should we be receiving it all back?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

Only other items are the charitable gifts.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 day by:
3/13/2018
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 5 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question. All that I ask is to please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied

that sounds like you put something in the wrong box and it is counting your income as a tax credit rather than income

i would go back and check it again.

your social security benefits do NOT go in the box for ss taxes paid on a w2