Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Apparently when I filled out my tax forms for 2017, I

Customer Question
Apparently when I filled...

Apparently when I filled out my tax forms for 2017, I somehow created another TB tax account. I did not realize this until I was trying to find my 2016 TB tax report. TB tax said I did not file my 2016 taxes with TB. How do I get to that 2016 tax forms?

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Mini Mac MacOS High Sierra

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I tried logging in under my 2016 TB tax but could not get to it. It has been going on since this year when I tried to find it when TB said I did not file 2016 with TB tax but I did. Later they said I had 2 accounts.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question. All that I ask is to please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied

By far, the easiest thing to do is to just let it go and agree that you did not file your taxes with tb.

there is very little that it needs from the 2016 return.

it will just continue and if it needs something from that return it will ask you for the number and you can put it in. But it generally does not need anything. It is more for getting your name and ss number etc than anything else. You will spend 100 times more time trying to find your old return in their system than you will just doing the new one without it.