Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

990 tax return saved with .atx will not restore. is there a…

Customer Question
990 tax return saved...

990 tax return saved with .atx will not restore. is there a program that will help?

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell OptiPlex 3050

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OptiPlex? What have you tried so far?

Only once. produced the return in Nov. 2017, stored in one drive (cloud) and now I can not restore the file.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 2 days by:
3/12/2018
Tech Support Rep: cvd4311, CIT Analyst replied 4 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, CIT Analyst

Are you using the online taxes? What software are you using: TurboTax, TaxAct etc?

When you log into your taxes then go to restore then click on save and it will save back to your desktop or where ever you wanted it stored at. It will still store as .atx but it should open once you restore it.