Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I am a time quicken user (deluxe 2017) Recently I have been…

I am a long...

I am a long time quicken user (deluxe 2017) Recently I have been unable to open my program. I log in, then get a blank screen with the word "success". I have tried re-installing to no avail. Turn off firewall and spent many hours with Quicken support with no results.

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows with Quicken deluxe 2017

Accountant's Assistant: When did you last update Deluxe?

Yesterday

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Deluxe?

I have tried to uninstall, then update and reinstall. Also I have turned off the Firewall

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only I do not know I do not know what version of Windows I have. Where do I dind that on my computer.

3/9/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question. All that I ask is to please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied

will do if you solve this...

I will try but this is a problem with the new ownership of quicken switching their security measures and not doing it correctly

Try downloading and running the mondo patch on this page

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

It fixes it sometimes

ok, I have the latest version on my quicken after I downloaded the mondo patch. after I log in I still get the "success" blank page

This page has what quicken thinks is the solution

https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen

I have not found them to work but they must have worked for some body so you can try

The problem is that your old data file has an old intuit I'D linked to it. The new quicken company is using that as security to make sure it matches the quicken ID your quicken program is running under

There is SUPPOSED to be a little link that allows you to remove the old ID from the file. But it tends to not show up or not work

You can probably make a new quicken data file and it will work

For the old one I suggest sending it to the quicken password ***** service. If enough people do that maybe they will fix the glitch in the software

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-assisted-password-removal-service

OK how do I make a new quicken data file?

If you can get to file / new

Then select data file not account

If you can't get it started that far try opening it by clicking on an old data or backup file.

Or you can Uninstall and reinstall the program and say you are a new user when it starts

Robert M., Consultant

I was away from my desk

Give me 5 or 10 minutes please and I will post a link here to do the remote and my phone number

If you put your phone in here I can call you

this is the link for the remote

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e1e03af9-8269-441b-a822-cdc27359b50f

it will let you download AND RUN a program called elsinore screen connect