Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I am no longer getting stock price updates. I click on

Customer Question

I am no longer getting stock price updates. I click on "update" and it says it is downloading, nothing changes. Across the bottom of the page it says last downloaded two days ago. That never changes.
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The day's stock prices are not being sent.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: That's the; problem. Can you help?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Hi. What system are you using? Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows.

Hi. Sorry for all of the questions. What software are you using to get the stock prices? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've had Quicken since 2009. Every day I click on update, and my updated stock prices come across. I don't know what else to tell you.

Since it is a 2009, they have no latest releases for that version.

However, you may have a corrupted history file. Since the version is unsupported, you may to upgrade.

Before doing this, I would see if the price history changed, if it is not updating during off-times (i.e. at night, before 9:30 am, etc.).

I would also try to create a new data file, to confirm that your prior data did not get corrupt.

Here are the steps:

1.Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

2.Select New Quicken File.

3.Click OK.

4.In the File name field, enter the name of the new file.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.