Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I have data in Quicken 2012. I have not updated the data…

Customer Question
I have data in...

I have data in Quicken 2012. I have not updated the data since 2015. I plan to begin to use Quicken this month and have purchased Quicken 2018. The installation program says that it will uninstall previous versions of Quicken. Does this mean that I will lose any data I have in the 2012 version? If so is there any way to save it.

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

Did you receive my message about Quicken 2012?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Financial Software
1/7/2018
Tech Support Rep: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Quicken 2018 will automatically uninstall older versions of Quicken when you install the new version.

However, your old data file will remain intact on the system in its current location. The first time you open Quicken, your data gets converted to work in the new version automatically, so you do not need to do anything else.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist