Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have Quicken Deluxe for a Mac, and am trying to track a…

Customer Question
I have Quicken Deluxe...

I have Quicken Deluxe for a Mac, and am trying to track a carload. I would like a separate entry for the loan principle and the interest on the loan. How do I do that?

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Not much to tell. I just have a car loan 9 (new) that i am paying off.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I have the principle and a monthly payment. The payment is for about $400 a month with $80 interest and $320 principle. I pay the bill and the amounts get split (the bank takes care of that, but Quicken applies the entire $400 to the loan, with the interest paid also being applied to the loan principle. I would like to see the interest applied somewhere else. But again this is the only loan that I have.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Financial Software
1/4/2018
Tech Support Rep: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I do not want to turn you away, but this is not my expertise. I think you need to either speak to our tax experts or to Quicken directly. How would you like to proceed?

I’ll just delete delete the Interest amount and keep a separate book with the interest.

Ok.