Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I loaded Turbotax Deluxe and get an error message and cannot…

Customer Question
I loaded Turbotax Deluxe...

I loaded Turbotax Deluxe and get an error message and cannot open the program. I have used turbotax deluxe for 5 years on my Mac which has OS 10x

Accountant's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

10X el capitan

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I cao open all past Turbo Tax files but this disc appears to have an error. After the disc is moved to applications an error message appears.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Financial Software
12/29/2017
Tech Support Rep: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I purchased the disc from Staples yesterday and it will not load correctly. Can the disc be bad?

What is the exact error it gives you?

It flashes on the screen then dissappears. I assumed it was sending the error code to intuit.

It sounds like a disc, however, you can get a downloadable disc direct free of charge. Just go to there live chat here: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

They will ask you to verify the disk you have and send you a copy you can download digitally this should save you time. You can always request the physical disk later as a back-up.

Let me know how you get on, I can assist you with the install if any more issues :)

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.