Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have Quicken Deluxe 2017 and just got a new computer....I…

Customer Question
I have Quicken Deluxe...

I have Quicken Deluxe 2017 and just got a new computer....I can't figure out how to transfer my program over to the new computer. Can you help? It was downloaded and I can't find my serial #. Also, when I do open it, it says "Property Management". What gives? Thanks...Anne Powers

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

I don't think so. Oh....this is compatible with Windows 10, right?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
12/24/2017
Tech Support Rep: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Anne,

There are a couple of things to understand before you move your Quicken data file to a new computer:

• You do not need to buy another copy of Quicken if you're just moving your data file.
  • The same version of Quicken must be installed on the computer you're moving your Quicken data file to.

To carry out the transfer:

Step 1: Install Quicken on your new computer

1. Install Quicken on the new computer.
  2. Make sure Quicken is on the latest release; Quicken should update when you install, but if you need help with this step, go here.

Step 2: Put a copy of your Quicken file on an external disk

1. On your old computer, open Quicken and select the File > Backup.
  2. Backup your data file to an external drive or disc, such as a USB drive, that you can use to move this backup to your new computer.

Step 3: Restore your Quicken file on the new computer

1. Connect the external drive or disc to the new computer.
  2. Open the external drive or disc (in most Windows version, you can go to Start > My Computer).
  3. Drag your Quicken file from the external drive or disc to your new computer's desktop.
  4. Open Quicken, and select the File > Restore Backup File. Navigate to your desktop and select your Quicken backup to restore the data file.
  5. Click OK.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Engineer