Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I neglected to add state sales tax to mm itemizwd deductions…

Customer Question
Good morning I neglected...

Good morning I neglected to add state sales tax to mm itemizwd deductions for 2016 could lyou give me the imfo to figure the amount for Tx

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I mdeed to amednd my 2016 to add state sales tax to my deductions. state is texas

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

I would like an answer to my questions please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Financial Software
12/22/2017
Tech Support Rep: Carter McBride, Accountant replied 8 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Accountant

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you with this.

Unless you bought something really expensive, you can use the charts by the IRS to claim your sales tax.

The amount depends on your state, your income and the number of exemptions you claimed. The table to figure your exemption amound is located here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040sca--2016.pdf#page=14

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, just let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Tech Support Rep: Carter McBride, Accountant replied 7 months ago

Just wanted to follow up and see if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!