Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Accountant
Experience:  Adjunct Professor
61697002

How do i edit a new budget with Quicken 2012? I have set up

Customer Question

How do i edit a new budget with Quicken 2012?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have set up and modified many budgets in the past. This time I was able to duplicate my existing budget and rename it but I can't change anything. I can't find the screen I used before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Carter McBride replied 11 months ago.

Hey! I'm Carter and would be glad to help you out.

After you setup a new budget in Quicken 2012, you can edit it be category. To change an automatically budgeted amount, click the category you want to budget and then the Edit hyperlink. (The Edit hyperlink doesn’t appear until you point to or click on the category.) Quicken then displays the Edit a Budget Category dialog box, which lets you set the budgeted amount for the spending category to some other amount.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Hey! I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions. If not, please leave a review. Thanks!