Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I want to switch back to Money after using Quicken for two…

Customer Question
I want to switch...

I want to switch back to Money after using Quicken for two years. I used before Money 2007 Deluxe. Now, when I try to sign in I am said that "You must be connected to the internet tp sign in on line". I am connected, but I am not allowed to sign in and continue to "Next".

Accountant's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have two computers. both using Windows 10. One Gateway and one Dell Inspiron.

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I tried to sign in and the following warning popped up:

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

"You must be connected to the internet ...". But I am!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Financial Software
12/5/2017
Tech Support Rep: David L, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

A couple of things may be blocking Money from Internet access. If your anti-virus software has a firewall or filters access, disable the anti-virus software and then try Money again.

If that does not work the issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule out network device related issues power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.