Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I own an LLC and download all transactions in Quickbooks…

I own an LLC and...
I own an LLC and download all transactions in Quickbooks everyday.
Day to day I may have personal expenses like gas, groceries, home utilities etc. that I use the business card for.
I do collect a small W2 check weekly but sometimes it's easier to use the business debit card than wait for the W2 check on the end of the weekIs it ok for me to mark those as business?
I own 100% of the business.
10/17/2017
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist. It's not OK to that. For a number of reasons.

Mark them as 'draw' and clean it up at year end.

For example, if you draw $5,000 in personal spending, add that amount before year end to your W-2 and it's all set. No need to do this weekly. Also don't try to treat your draws as business expenses.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

I also assume you are reporting your LLC income as a C corporation or an S. Otherwise, you should not be drawing a salary.

PDtax

Perfect thank you for the answer ,one more questionIs there a drawback by me paying the guys with a handwritten check and not withholding taxes or 1099ing them?I understand they do not build unemployment and benefits and they understand it too but some of them prefer it that way

As long as you write checks, you can deduct the payments.

IRS wants you to issue 1099's, but the penalty is small if you don't.

Please rate to close out this request.

PDtax

PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
PDtax
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner