Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Do you by any chance know where to enter Section 179

deductions for company vehicles in...
Do you by any chance know where to enter Section 179 deductions for company vehicles in TurboTax Premier?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/16/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Let me know if this works for you:

...

To enter a Section 179 asset:

1. Select the Federal Taxes tab, and then click Deductions right below it.
  2. Click the Start or Edit button to the right of Assets.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions. When you get to the How Do You Want to Deduct this Item? screen, select Deduct all or part of the item's value this year.
  4. Enter the amount of Section 179 deduction you want to claim for the asset. Do not exceed the cost of the asset.
i already figured it out.thanks!

Great.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the time here.

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS