Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have a question about Quicken. I am having a problem with…

Customer Question
I have a question about...
I have a question about Quicken. I am having a problem with downloading data from an institution that I didn't have problems with before. I have two accounts with this institution and one of them gets the updated data and the other one not. When I download it tells me the data for one of these accounts is there but it doesn't put the data into one of the accounts. Can you help me with this?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Financial Software
10/6/2017
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 9 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

you need to to to tools / account list

edit each account and under ONLINE SERVICES TAB

remove them from online update

then add them back making sure that each account at the bank says to link to the proper quicken account

it can get complicated with multiple accounts at the same bank.

I am available to remote into your system to do it with you if you like.

I did what you said but the data is now in a new account that Quicken created. How do I get the data into the account I have had for that account for years?

You can not go backwards that way unless you want to try linking it again. and make sure that the account that is the problem says LINK ( not new) to the proper account.

again i can do it for you if you want to let me remote in. It gets complicated when there are multiple accounts at the same bank. they all have to be done at once.

What you CAN do

is keep the new account that it downloads to. that will continue to work

you can either add the ending balance to the new account as a starting balance and just use the old one for historical stuff

Or you can highlight every transaction in the OLD account by clicking on the bottom one holding the left mouse key down andand hitting the up arrow till they are all highlighted

then right click on them and select MOVE to account and select the NEW account that it created

i suggest having a good backup before you do that

and you might want to do it 50 or 100 transactions at a time.

I got one bank going correctly. But another is giving me problem. I am beginning to dislike Quicken very much. I will write you tomorrow about the problems I am encountering.

i will be here for you. :)

most of the quicken problems with banks is solved by removing them from the online services and putting them back in. But you have to be very careful about how you put them in. especially when you have the account in quicken already and have multiple accounts at one bank.