Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I need to find out why my return refund has not arrived.

Customer Question
I need to find...

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Have lost my id and password ***** cannot get into my files. I efiled on 12 April order no.TTWQP1A14941555. contacted irs site and was told there is a problem with my SSN. Do not understand have been using same one for 70 years.Help

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

Refund should be $626.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Financial Software
10/5/2017
Tech Support Rep: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What tax software program did you use to efile?

Have you tried using the "Where's My Refund" tool on the IRS website?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Have you called the IRS's Refund Hotline at 1-***-***-****?

Let me know so I can continue to help you. You may be the victim of identity theft, and that is why you are being told there is a problem with your SSN.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Well I have used both the irs and the phone site .got the same response How now ?

As I mentioned, you may be the victim of identity theft. Someone may have used your SSN and name to file a fraudulent tax return.

lets continue

You will want to contact the IRS' Identity Protection Hotline at ***-***-**** as soon as possible.

lets give this a trey first

If you are the victim of identity theft you will have to MAIL in your tax return.

You will also want to include Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, with your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f14039.pdf

Let me know the results of your phone call with the Identity Theft Protection Hotline.

is that id theft number available ?

The number is *****

Do you have an id number so I can get back to you later?

Just post here whenever you can. I am online at different times of the day and night, but I will answer you as soon as I see your response.

Thanks ...***** *****e

I'll talk to you later, Mr. Greene.

Just following up with you to see if you received any information from the IRS regarding the status of your refund.