Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I need a copy of 2015 tax return. I need a copy of my 2015…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of 2015 tax return

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need a copy of my 2015 tax return

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I cant rember my pass word

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Financial Software
10/4/2017
Tech Support Rep: softwareassist.168, Accountant replied 8 months ago
softwareassist.168
softwareassist.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

If you are using Turbo Tax software, do the following:

--------------------------------

1. Go to the account recovery page.
  2. Enter either your:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email Address
    • UserID
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You will either be sent a code to help you recover your account or be given a list (through email or on screen) of possible accounts associated to your information. We will list the recommended account for you at the top of that list.

If you are still unable to recover your account after trying these steps, please select the link that says Try Something Else. You will be guided to enter additional information to help identify the right account and several questions to verify your identity.

Once you are signed into your account, we recommend you add or update your phone number. This will increase your account security and make future account recovery attempts easier.

If doing the above does not work, there is another way that you can get a copy of the return, and that is by requesting it from the IRS. You can either request a copy of your tax return transcript online for free, or you request an actual copy of your return. The copy of the return will cost you $57. Note that the return transcript will have all the relevant information on it that the original return had on it. If you want to try getting the return transcript, you can go to the following link and click on the blue button titled "Get Transcript Online".

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you wish to order the actual copy of the return, you will need to complete a Form 4506.

Link to Form 4506:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.