Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have the new Quicken 2017. I want to reconcile my account.

Customer Question
I have the new...

I have the new Quicken 2017. I want to reconcile my account. My deposits do not show up on my Computer. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have entered them but they do not show up on the computer. I have been using Quicken for my checkbook finances for over 25 years & have more trouble with 2017 than any other.

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

Not at the moment!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Financial Software
10/4/2017
Tech Support Rep: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please see if this help.

1. Select the account you want to reconcile on the left in the Account Bar.
  2. Enter all of your transactions that occurred since the date of the opening balance transaction.
  3. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N)
  4. Then choose Reconcile.
  5. Using your account statement, check the amount in the Opening Balance field. The first time you reconcile an account, the opening balance is taken from the ending balance of your previous statement.
    Note: Your Quicken program contains reconciliation-related information. To access this information, choose Contents from the Quicken Help menu, click the Index tab, and then type reconciling to display a list of related topics.
  6. Check the opening balance against your financial institution statement. Your financial institution may call this the beginning or previous balance.
  7. Correct the Opening Balance amount if necessary. Quicken helps you adjust for this difference later.
  8. Enter the Ending Balance amount as shown on your statement. Your statement might call this amount the new or current balance.
  9. If there is a service charge or interest earned, enter the information into the appropriate fields, and then click OK.

Or i can log on to your machine to help you. Waiting for your feedback or a rating

Hello hope you well today just follow-up to see if you need more help on this problem.

Please get back to me or take the time to rate the service please.