Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

We are using Quickbooks Enterprise and now have 248

Customer Question
We are using Quickbooks...

We are using Quickbooks Enterprise and now have 248 employees. We need to print a payroll summary for a report we do monthly. It is indicating report is too large and to "break it down in half"; however, we do not have the option splitting employees (i.e. A through J, etc.).

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Financial Software
9/29/2017
Tech Support Rep: AnserGuy81, Tax Software Repair Technician replied 10 months ago
AnserGuy81
AnserGuy81, Tax Software Repair Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Any suggestions?
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 10 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

are you trying to export the report or print it ?

the printing issue was supposed to be fixed with the newest release

can you check whether you are on that?

if you tell me what year of qb you have i can tell you what release you should be on

Enterprise Solutions 16.0 Release R11P

That looks to be the latest release

Try doing a verify and repair on the company file

Make sure that you are indeed doing a summary not a detail report

And you might try shutting everything down including the server and all workstation versions

Then pulling up one work station with administration rights and trying the report from there

Still doesn't work. We selected the minimum amount of payroll items we need (for gross wages in each area) and the hours. Still says too large and does not allow us to select say "half of employees" or similar. When we select multiple names it lists all vendors and all employees and we would have to go in and pick out each employee. It would literally take forever.

i think maybe you are using the wrong report.

why would venders show up on a payroll report ?

It is the payroll summary but then we try to customize the report and you can only choose all employees, all vendors or all names. It won't print all employees because there are too many. If we choose all names then both vendors and employees appear and we cannot select Say A through K and would have to select each employee out of that large list. We have been doing this report for years and now we just have several more employees.

If you print only the summary without modifications you get the same error ?

In the Print Pop Up Dialog, you can select "Print # of pages" that might be your answer.

even if I don't try to customize report. And I can't even get the print pop up display. It immediately says Your report has too many columns to print. I need it to show columns by employee. I tried changing to show columns by payroll item (thinking each employee would then be listed down left column) but then it just lists payroll item In both columns and rows. I have to leave office soon but if we cannot resolve, could we go remotely tomorrow?

yes i think the remote is going to be the best way to do it

i dont see this anywhere as a common problem. Not on the summary report

so my thinking is that something in the way that you are asking for it is making it create way too much data

perhaps i can get in to your computer and speak with you, i can come up with a way to sort and filter the report so it does not do that. But still gives you what you need.

if nothing else maybe we can export the raw data to excel and look at it that way.