Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

If i reinstall quicken but did not uninstall will i loss my…

Customer Question
If i reinstall...

If i reinstall quicken but did not uninstall will i loss my data i believe it is 2017 or 2016 version

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Did a microsoft up date than quicken will not open now says it needs net framework4.6.1.or reinstall quicken but i dont want to lose exsting data

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Financial Software
9/27/2017
Tech Support Rep: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 months ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will see if I can help you today. If you reinstall quicken, you will not lose your data. I am assuming that you are using Windows, therefore Quicken saves data files in the following folder.....

C:/Program files/Quicken Data

Let me know if this answers your question or if you have any additional questions.

As an added measure, before you reinstall, I would copy the data files just to be safe

If you have any follow up questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. Thanks, ***** ***** you again soon!

Hello. I haven't heard from you in a while. If you are finished, please accept my answer when you get a chance. Thanks!