Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I don't know what to do after downloading quicken 2017.,I am…

Customer Question
I don't know what...

I don't know what to do after downloading quicken 2017.,I am new at this any help would be appreciated.

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I downloaded 2017 yesterday and I an lost.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

Not to my knowledge.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Financial Software
9/26/2017
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 10 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

It depends what you want to use it for and your financial situation

If you want to pay a little bit more i can speak to you on the phone and even log in remotely to start it up with you and show you what it can do for you and the best way to do it.

Otherwise, i can answer some of your questions on here for no extra charge.

and to start i will tell you that once you have installed the program, it is pretty good at running you through the basic stuff automatically.

At its heart quicken is a glorified check book. it will run you through putting your banking information in and set up a register which is very much like a checkbook organizer.

You can put each check in manually. Or you can download them from the bank. Or you can do both. put it in manually when you write it, and let quicken connect to the bank to mark them when they have cleared the bank.

for each check you want to put it in a category such as auto, utilities etc. That will help you later to see how much you spend on what. If you categorize it well it can help with tax deductions later in the year.

Do the same thing with credit cards or brokerage accounts. each in its own account.

there are special accounts for loans if you are paying off a loan or mortgage or even if you have loaned money.

You can set it up to do automatic bill pay through your bank if you like

if there are ongoing expenses or income that are standard every month or week, you can set those up as reminders and it will automatically put them in for you.

Once you have used it and have some data in it you can do things like budgeting and planning to see how much you spend on each category and project your expenses and income into the future.

The best single advice i can give you is to think about what categories you want. every transaction should have a category assigned to it. All of quickens reporting and budgeting features work off of these categories. You can use quickens standard ones or add your own personal ones. But the more accurately the category reflects how you spend and how you want to see your spending the more useful quicken will be to you.

If that helped you, I would really appreciate it if you would take a moment to give me an excellent rating

Your rating is the only way that i get any credit from this website and i try to do this for a living

thank you