Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I began 2016 preparations with TurboTax Premier Software on…

Customer Question
I began 2016 preparations...

I began 2016 preparations with TurboTax Premier Software on local machine and want to buy same product online so I can bring the local preparations into online version. How do I purchase this option?

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My desire to buy Turbo Tax Premier Product online subscriptions is so I can import same year ItsDeductible data into online version too.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

No, I have read the FAQs and know that a customer cannot migrate between software CD versions and online version. There has got to be a way to do it if you are purchasing online version. Remember, this is a redo of 2016

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Tech Support Rep: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 11 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, even though you can convert the data from the TurboTax online version to a TurboTax desktop product, there is no way to import the data from any TurboTax desktop product into the online version.

You can purchase the online version, but you will have to re-enter all of your information.

I wish I had better news for you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

sorry barbara, that is what I stated in my request for a work-around. When I get a useful answer, I will share it with you.

You will be disappointed because there is no work around.

As a tax specialist for TurboTax, I would be well aware of a workaround.