Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I just forgot to tell you I'm still using 2013 QuickBooks.

Customer Question
I just forgot to...

I just forgot to tell you I'm still using 2013 QuickBooks. My error message is80029c4a. I talked to some one several months ago to see if I could still use it. All I have on it is my personal information. What I need it for was that I could make General entries. I used it on Wednesday and I can't use it since.

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I don.t think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Financial Software
9/16/2017
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

at exactly what point are you getting that message and what is the complete message

the number just means that something can not be read

sometimes it is the company file that can not be read

sometimes it is part of the quickbooks program that can not be read

the solutions are different as the problem is different

so if you can please give me as much information as possible as to what you are doing when you get that error and the entire complete word for word error message it would help me a lot to get you the correct answer

thank you.

When I hit the icon it immediately shows a box with 80029c4a.

does it say something about a library or dll ?

if so that is a corrupted file in the quickbooks program

You can do a complete clean reinstall of the quickbooks program using the tools and instructions on this page

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501380-reinstall-using-a-clean-install

it should not affect your data at all but i would always suggest that you have a good backup copy before doing anything of this nature. and / or taking a copy of the quickbooks company file that ends with .qbw and putting it on a flash drive. It should not be necessary but it wont hurt anything and its pretty easy to do.

if you want to try something a little bit easier first a system restore to before the error started might work. It might not and the qb reinstall almost definitely will. But its easy to do if you want to try it first.

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Tech Support Rep: Pete, Computer Expert replied 11 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this?