Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I filed my taxes on 7-7-17 and have not received mr refund.

Customer Question
I filed my taxes...

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Check on the IRS site and it does not show up.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

And call them and entered all props and it still does not show up.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Financial Software
8/2/2017
Tech Support Rep: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. How did you file your return? Did you e-file?

I did E-FILE WITH taxact

Did you receive a confirmation that the tax returns were accepted? From what you are describing it sounds like the returns were not accepted on the IRS end.

i long on to the IRS and call....And my taxes do not show up. I submitted my taxes payed the fee and printed out my forms.
logged on the .gov site

Did you receive a confirmation that the returns were accepted?

No Tax act did not email me a confirmation after I paid and submitted my forms.

From what you are describing it sounds like the returns were not accepted by the IRS. Does Tax Act check the form for errors that would prevent the return from being e-filed?

i already paid 35 bucks to get help here
how do I talk to taxact ?

I am trying to help you. From what you are describing it sounds like the return was never accepted on the IRS end.

Have you tried checking on Tax Act to see if the return was accepted. Here is a link to check http://efstatus.TaxAct.com

Here is a link to Tax Acts page regarding if a return has been filed. https://www.taxact.com/support/551/2016/how-to-know-if-your-return-has-been-filed

If the return was not accepted by the IRS this would explain why it is not showing a status when you check on the IRS website or call to check the status.

it shows i filed for extension and that is all. taxact does not let you proceed and make a payment and submit forms unless your done and i completed that on 7-7-17

It sounds like the return was not submitted by Tax Act. The only item that is showing is an extension. You would need to resubmit the return. When you submit the return there is a place to add your email to receive confirmation that the return was accepted.