Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

How can I recover 2016 tax returns wipe from my computer: i

Customer Question

how can I recover 2016 tax returns wipe from my computer:
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i failed to backup my tax returns for 2016and lost them all. is possible to recover them from turbo tax?
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You may have tried this already. Did you try searching for the file on your computer. If you search for ***.tax2016 you will pull up the turbo tax files for 2016. You could also obtain a tax transcript from the IRS. The transcript will show a summarized version of your return. Here is a link to the IRS website to request a copy. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You could request a copy of the return from the IRS. You would need to complete Form 4506. The IRS charges of a fee of $50 per return.