Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have done my taxes on Turbotax for years with no problems.

Customer Question

I have done my taxes on Turbotax for years with no problems. This year, all went fine until I tried to print them out. I got a mess that does not conform to IRS forms. How do I get it to print correctly
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I do not e-file because I attach additional forms.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried sending another question, but your software cut out on me and left me back at square 1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need help downloading the final results on standard IRS forms.
Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Have you already tried to save it as a pdf file first and then print the pdf.

If this is turbotax online then you can try the following:

1. Log into your TurboTax Online account.
  2. Click on Print Center on the lower left, which is identified by a printer icon.
  3. Select one of the form options, then click Save to My Computer.
  4. Click Save As and navigate to where you want to save the PDF, such as your DVD drive or a USB drive, or use Desktop if you intend to move the file elsewhere to store it on an online storage service like Dropbox.
  5. In the file name box, change the name to something that makes sense to you.
  6. Click on Save.

If this is turbotax for windows you can do the following:

1. Open your tax return in TurboTax.
  2. Click on File in the menu, or click Print Center in the upper right corner of TurboTax.
  3. The default is set to print all forms required for filing. If you don't want your PDF to be comprehensive, select one of the other options.
  4. Click the Save As PDF button.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, select the location you want to save to (a USB drive, for example) or accept the default folder location on your hard drive: My Documents/TurboTax.
  6. If you will be using the PDF as a backup, don't save it on your hard drive. Your backup file should be saved in a different location, such as a USB drive or online storage service.
  7. Click Save and the PDF will be created and saved.

If its turbo tax on a mac:

1. n your tax return in TurboTax.
  2. Click on the File menu.
  3. Click Save to PDF... from the menu. A save dialog box will open.
  4. Name your tax return file and select where you want to save it.
  5. Click Save.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You answered my question by sending me a web address to get help. I went to that address and received an answer saying that there is no location at the address you sent me.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

turbo tax DOES put the information on standard forms

what version of turbo tax are you using and what exactly did you do to try to print it ? and what did you get that ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I received no help. Perhaps the issue is the time lag. Perhaps it is in trying to answer questions over time. A question asked today needs an answer now, not several hours from now.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found a relative with some computer savvy who resolved my problem. It was not an accounting problem, but a question of how to make the software work for me. I spent far more time trying to navigate the maze of non useful information than it was worth. Less than five minutes with someone familiar with the software would have been more than I would have needed, but never was I given an option remotely related to that.