Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have already filed my taxes but I am retired living in

Customer Question

I have already filed my taxes but I am retired living in Wisconsin. When I did the latest download of the TurboTax Premier Software, it downloaded an Illinois State Tax form and assumes I worked in Illinois.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A Dell desktop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just told you I have installed the latest updates two days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had already talked to an expert and he corrected the software to read that I was retired yet Turbo Tax still assumes I was working in Illinois and lived there in 2016.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. How long have you lived in Wisconsin? Do you know if an Illinois return was filed?