Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have used Quicken support to install the new Premier 2017

Customer Question

I have used Quicken support to install the new Premier 2017 disc. It has messed up my computer and I went to Quicken support to have it installed. Once it was installed I noticed that all of the balances in my accounts were in negative balances. This was entirely wrong. I went to Quicked support and was directed to Geek Advisors. That organization was unable to correct the problem after 2+ days. I then wrote to Mr. Dunn, the CEO of Quicken and received a call that the Geek Advisors who they gave me had hacked my account. Needless to say they say it was my fault but I argued that if they did not give me the Geek people, who now have control of my computer I wouold not be where I am now.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Here is what I want to do. Get the Geek people out of my computer. Get Quicken 2017 removed from my computer, reinstall 2015 version of Quicken which is somewhere on the computer and go an change all of my passwords to all of my accounts. What do I do? also I understand my version of Windows 7 needs to be upgraded.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Your help pleasr
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only how to get my heart rate down from all of the shouting I have done in the last 2 hours.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

Ok the geek squad knows just about zero about quicken. And when people dont know what they are doing they have a habit of saying "you got hacked" or "its a virus" or "its your computer call microsoft" thats how they get away with hiring cheap labor that can only deal with simple problems.

Most likely your accounts are just filtered wrong so its not showing deposits. Or you pulled up the wrong data file.

I am able to log in remotely and fix it for you.

But if you want to try it yourself the first thing to look at is whether the register says "all transactions all dates"

and whether it is sorted by date. You can do that just by clicking on the actual word date in the title bar above the date column.

try that and please let me know if it makes a difference.