Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I have always filed my own taxes with Turbo Tax. Last year

Customer Question

I have always filed my own taxes with Turbo Tax. Last year we moved from a state that did not have State income tax to one that does. I also cashed in my 401k to purchase a house. I have not filled my 2015 taxes yet because I wanted to find better deductions - have already paid over 100k in taxes from my 401k and regular taxes. My taxes for 2016 will result in a modest return. Should I file the 2016 taxes now? I still need to file my 2015 taxes but want to get CPA help with them.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I was laid off in 2016 after moving. Have also started a small business.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can file your 2016 tax return now, but the IRS may hold your refund if you have not filed 2015 and they believe you will owe.

You will then want to file your 2015 tax return as soon as you can.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.