Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Just wondering if there was any way to input the total

Customer Question

Just wondering if there was any way to input the total amount of interest from all 12 or 13 cds like I would normally do on form 1040, or do I have to input data from each individually. Thanks
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: That message about interest income is from Edward Bradfield. Let me know what you need to verify my account.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: I think that might be all for now. thanks
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If the CDs are all in the same bank, you can enter the total interest for the year that was paid to you by that bank.

If the CDs are in different banks, I would enter the interest individually on Schedule B, and carry the total to Form 1040, Line 8a.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.