Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How do I Remove the password requirement from my quicken

Customer Question

How do I Remove the password ***** from my quicken files?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I've been a quicken user for 20 years and never needed a pass word to axcess a file until this last year Npw, the pass word I used though out 2016 will not work. I tried to order Quicken 17 on-line but my pass word would not work!
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not right now
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

if you did not put a password ***** the data file it is probably quicken demanding that you put in the intuit password ***** you used when you registered the account and/or purchased the software. Quicken has begun asking for that it seems randomly. I am not sure why. Maybe to prevent piracy. Maybe just because they are trying to get people to password ***** with the intuit ID instead of their own password ***** convenience sake. But it is very inconvenient

If you go to this link

https://login.quicken.com/recovery.html?

it will run you through recovering that password.

If that gives you problems you will have to either make a new intuit id or speak with quicken directly. They are a pain to get ahold of but pretty good on this one issue.

I can log in remotely to help you through whatever it takes to get it sorted out.