Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

HELi was a user last yearGetP. MY E MAIL IS

Customer Question

hELi was a user last yearGetP . MY E MAIL IS [email protected] .netcan you get me off now so I can start over
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: could not sign in . started new account . won't download last years return.
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: this years info is very confusing
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

if you create a new account it will NOT be able to download last years return

the original account is what was connected to last years return. Otherwise anybody could make a new account and download your return from last year

I can try to help you get the password ***** last years account but it depends on you having the ability to prove it was yours. I can help you prove it if you have the information but if you don't i cant.

What is a lot easier is to just not bother downloading last years return. It only adds 1 or 2 numbers to your new return and the program will just ask you to put them in yourself at some point. It will take 2 minutes to type them in and that is a lot faster than trying to convince turbo tax to add them when it is having a problem.