jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Three years as Expert support for Turbotax Ask a Tax Expert, Quickbooks support and use >6 yrs
3653323

I ordered quicken 2017 this morning with order numberand I

Customer Question

Hell, my name is Thomas. I ordered quicken 2017 this morning with order number###-##-####and I have tried to down load. It downloaded but when I click on quicken icon a messag keeps comin up with a message,"Quicken Window has stopped working. I need help with this. Can you help
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  jgordosea replied 9 months ago.

Greetings,

The usual fix for this problem that Quicken fails to start after clicking the Quicken icon on the Microsoft® Windows® desktop:

1. Restart your computer, and then browse the Quicken folder (Default location is C:\Program Files\Quicken).
  2. Double-click the Qw.exe file to start the program.
    1. If Quicken opens, go to the desktop and drag the Quicken shortcut icon to the Recycle Bin.
    2. Right-click the Qw.exe file and select Send to Desktop to create a new shortcut.
  3. If the issue persists, install Quicken in Selective Startup.

Please write again if this does not resolve the issue or if you need clarification.

Thank you for using and rating our service.