Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm my qb pro 2010 quit has an unrecoverable error can I

Customer Question

hi I'm mike my qb pro 2010 quit has an unrecoverable error can I download a 2016 update to fix it
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I installed the new win 10 os system everything was fine except couldn't email invoices thought I would upgrsade everything new virus program called web root and thought I try maybe a simpler version of intuit so I installed quiken now qb pro is unreverable error
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: ive unintalled the web root and the new quicken program and still same thing qb pro unrecoverable error but when webroot virus installed it upgraded my windows 10 in don't know how to get rid of that update ive tried reinstallin qb pro 2010 by it just sits ther for hours buffing
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there not an upgrade or qb repair website to reinstall or repair that will save my data I have no backup for my data and cant get to the backup because qb just shuts down when opened
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how much should I plan on spending for this info ? if installing gb 2016 would fix my problems i'll just spend the$200 for that . I didn't know it would take this long for responses .
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

qb 2010 was never compatible with windows 10

so, if the problem was caused by an update to windows 10 intuit will not be updating the 2010 to match and the problem won't be resolved.

On the other hand there is no way to tell if that update was the real problem and if it was not you will still have to deal with the original problem after the upgrade.

You can try doing a system restore to a time before the update but that will put you back to where you were before the win 10 update and if you did that for a reason you will have that issue again.

You can try a few other tests to see if the issue is with the software rather than the data file. If it can open another data file than the problem is with the data file and just restoring a backup will fix it. If you can't open another data file than the problem is with the program. You can try reinstalling the 2010 or you can upgrade to the 2016. The upgrade should definitely fix it. the re install would fix it if it was for any reason other than the win 10 update.