Financial Software

I'm trying to upgrade quicken essential on a mac. I don't…

I'm trying to upgrade...

I'm trying to upgrade quicken essential on a mac. I don't remember my password ***** the correct security question answer

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can... Read full answer

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I recently upgraded my mac and the quicken essentials no longer works. It seams I need to upgrade quicker as well but thats where I run into trouble.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I don't think so, thats pretty much the story

12/3/2016
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help.

You are correct in that you will need to upgrade quicken essentials to run with the newer Mac OS. Here are the details from Quicken:

Unfortunately, Quicken Essentials is no longer supported and Intuit confirms that Quicken Essentials will not run on Sierra. Here is the information from Quicken:

Quicken Essentials, a discontinued product, has not been tested with Sierra. If you updated your Mac operating system to the recent Sierra release, Quicken Essentials will no longer work.
Your Quicken Essentials data file is still safe and on your system, and can be opened on your Sierra system by converting the file to Quicken Mac 2016.

If you have Quicken Essentials and have already upgraded to Sierra, you can purchase and install Quicken 2016 for Mac and easily migrate your Essentials file to Quicken 2016. You can also revert back to the previous Mac OS you were using to run Quicken essentials.

This link should answer all question re: upgrading to Quicken 2016 for mac: https://www.quicken.com/mac/faq

Next, you are having issue with your intuit id and password ***** you purchase quicken essentials online. From http://quicken.com Click sign in and select Forgot login and password ***** go through prompts to reset the password. Have you tried this?

Thanks,

Karen

I have tried to reset the password ***** I can't get past the security question and it doesn't give me more options

OK - please try these steps to see if the password ***** ***** in Quicken:

• Go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.app. Open the Keychain Access.app.
  • Select Passwords on the left sidebar.
  • Double-click the item named Intuit ID (you may need to sort the list by Name and scroll to find this item.)
  • If there are multiple items named Intuit ID, double-click on each one and look for the Intuit ID in the Account field.
  • Click the Show password checkbox and enter your keychain password ***** prompted (typically it’s the same as your OS X login password.)
  • The password ***** be shown in the field next to the checkbox. Enter this password ***** Quicken for Mac when asked for the Intuit ID password ***** importing the Quicken document (you can even copy-and-paste it.)

If this is blank, go to this link https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html and select I forgot my user id and password ***** follow prompts. This should not prompt you for the security question.

Thanks,

Karen

Hi!

Did the steps from my last email solve your problem? If not, please let me know so I can offer further help. I am also available via phone or secure remote session where I can see your screen as you type if this helps.

Thank you!

Karen

Got it!
Thank you very much!

Awesome news! Thanks so much for using JustAnswer! Please rate my service for JustAnswer. Your rating today is vital feedback and will help us to improve our customer service.

If I have not given you 5-star service today, please let me know I will be happy to further review questions/issues!

Thank you for your feedback and have a great Saturday!

Karen

Karen Joinson
New question.
I loaded quicken 17 onto my mac, no problem there.
The program shows my mothers account but I have three other accounts and don't know how to get to them on q17Disregard, I found it!

Good news! Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you!

Karen

So how do I unsubscribe from this service now that I am all set up?

Hi!

You can request to cancel your membership from JustAnswer using the following steps:

Contact the Customer Service department atww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance.
Thank you!

Karen J

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I installed Mac Sierra and my 2011 Quicken Home and Business
I installed Mac Sierra and my 2011 Quicken Home and Business program is frozen. Cannot locate a 2016/17 Quicken Home and Business program to install and download my frozen data to. Send help quick… read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years,
Bachelor of Science
I just upgraded my Mac computer to MacOS Sierra. I have used
Hi! I just upgraded my Mac computer to MacOS Sierra. I have used Quicken for household finances for several years. How do I convert it all when Sierra won't let me open Quicken Essentials, as it is ca… read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Bachelor of Science
I just upgraded my system to macOS Sierra, Version 10.12. I
I just upgraded my system to macOS Sierra, Version 10.12. I have quicken essentials. How do I upgrade Quicken Essentials? … read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Bachelor of Science
Stop searching for answers—
I cannot open my Quicken Essentials data, I downloaded a new
I downloaded a new system today with Siri and now I receive a message that it doesn't work with my quicken … read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Bachelor of Science
I have Quicken Essentials and just did the MacOS Sierra
I have Quicken Essentials and just did the MacOS Sierra update and now when I try to open Quicken Essentials it won't and I get this message. You can't use this version of the application "Quicken Ess… read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Bachelor of Science
Im in a big mess with Quicken. I upgraded to Quicken Essentials
I'm in a big mess with Quicken. I upgraded to Quicken Essentials from Quicken 2007 last spring, and have lost about 20 years worth of files. The only thing that shows is my 2013 file from January thro… read more
Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
How can I get a copy of Quicken for Mac 2004? I lost access
How can I get a copy of Quicken for Mac 2004? I lost access to my Quicken data of eight years when I upgraded my Mac to Lion. I have my data on Time Machine and have another Mac with an older operatin… read more
Consultant,
I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY QUICKEN ESSENTIALS FOR MAC. AFTER DOWNLOADING
I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY QUICKEN ESSENTIALS FOR MAC. AFTER DOWNLOADING AND USING THE UP GRADE FOR A FEW DAYS I WAS ASKED FOR MY 'PASSWORD' WHICH THE SYSTEM REFUSED TO ACCEPT. I ASKED FOR MY PASSWORD, RE… read more
Kevin
Kevin
Self Employed Network Consultant,
Currently running Quicken 2007 for Mac and am trying to
Currently running Quicken 2007 for Mac and am trying to switch to Quicken Essentials for Mac 2011. Running operating system Snow Leopard. It is not working. First I updated the Quicken Essentials for … read more
Consultant,
I am using a MAC now how do transfer all my files (which, are
I am using a MAC now how do transfer all my files (which, are on a thumb drive, from my PC. to theMAC and I would like the upgrade also Code XXXXXXXXXX… read more
Consultant,
I have a Quicken 2002 Deluxe data file from Mac that I would
I have a Quicken 2002 Deluxe data file from Mac that I would like to convert to use with a new version of Quicken. Is there a tool available to convert the file to be readable/useable in current versi… read more
Consultant,
I use quicken on a MAC to make payments. My bank is wellsfargo
I use quicken on a MAC to make payments. My bank is wellsfargo bank adn I recently did an upgrade which was supposed to make some adjustment they needed for their merger with another bank. Now I am ha… read more
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I am trying to pay bills electronically using Quicken. The
I am trying to pay bills electronically using Quicken. The getting started pdf doc says that Quicken does not support it, which I find hard to believe. My bank says that I can pay bills electronically… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
When I try to install Quicken Essentials on my Mac with OS
When I try to install Quicken Essentials on my Mac with OS 10.5.8 and a 2 GHz PowerPC G5 processor I get a message that I cannot open the application "Quicken Essentials" because it is not supported o… read more
Consultant,
I cannot connect Quicken for Mac to my accounts at Bank of
I cannot connect Quicken for Mac to my accounts at Bank of America. When I try to do so, I get into a morass of questions about my E-mail and security questions and in the end I get kicked out because… read more
Consultant,
How do I convert my Quicken 2005 for Windows PC to my Mac compute
How do I convert my Quicken 2005 for Windows PC to my Mac computer. I downloaded Quicken Essentials for MAC.… read more
Consultant,
Hi I am knew to mac and just bought a copy of QUICKEN ESSENTIALS
Hi I am knew to mac and just bought a copy of QUICKEN ESSENTIALS FOR MAC. I got started on a bumpy road, my old dell running XP has money 2002, that I use as purely as backup and reconciliation for fo… read more
Consultant,
I have a quicken 2007 file for the Mac with Snow Leopard operating
I have a quicken 2007 file for the Mac with Snow Leopard operating system. This file has four investment accounts and four back accounts. This file has worked perfectly for years. In the last month or… read more
Consultant,