Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Cn I do my taxes through Turbo Tax using Linux instead of

Customer Question
Windows? JA: What state are you...
Cn I do my taxes through Turbo Tax using Linux instead of Windows?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, My question is taxes for 2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Financial Software
11/12/2016
Tech Support Rep: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

Intuit has set up its recent TurboTax online products to be Linux compatible.

You may be prompted to use one of their preferred browsers to make the online hookup, but I would try it with your existing browser first. It's not Linux, but the browser, that seems to create the incompatibility issue. I do know someone who used Chrome on their Linux machine, and it worked flawlessly (even though that was not on the Intuit list of approved Linux browsers).

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

So I would expect 2016 to continue to be compatible with Linux.

PDtax
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner