Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

770) 926-9623. I pay my bills with quicken standard checks,

Customer Question

I am Scott Mikkelsen(###) ###-#### I pay my bills with quicken standard checks, 3 to a page. All of a sudden after 12 years my checks are all printing on the far left side of the checks in the record section of the checks. Need to do a coarse alignment. Have followed help under set up an ink jet printer (I have an HP office jet pro 8500 a910). when I get to step 8 -"click Align" I cannot find the align command.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the financial software technician should be aware of?
Customer: So, I need help to re-align my standard checks (3 per page - portrait 8 1/2 x 11) so that I can resume typing checks. I had Quicken deluxe 2016 and upgraded to Quicken Deluxe 2017 yesterday hoping that would fix the problem but it did not.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

i have a few suggestions but my first one would be to check that the check TYPE did not change.

if it is printing the actual check in the record section that means it is not trying to print the record at all. that would happen if it was trying to print a different type of check that did not have the record section