Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

How do i print off a Trial Balance that is GST exclusive, I

Customer Question

How do i print off a Trial Balance that is GST exclusive
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am an accountant working on a client file and i am reviewing the Trial Balance but all sales and expenses are GST inclusive but Income tax is paid only on exclusive income so i need to know how to print out a Trail balance where the GST paid and received has been separated from the income and expenses
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now.

What financial software are you using? (i.e. Quicken 2016)

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Quicken 2016 online

OK - you should be able to exclude the sales tax account from reports as follows:

You can customize the report you are running to exclude sales tax accounts (or GST in your case) by running the report, click Customize, click accounts and uncheck the Sales Tax(GST) account and save report prior to exit.

OR

1. From Tools/Account List/click on name of account to open (probably account Business Net Worth) and click Edit Sales Tax Account.
2. In the Edit Tax Account dialog, click Display and check box to keep this account separate - account will be excluded from Quicken Reports & features and click OK.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If not I will be happy to review further.

Thanks,

Karen