Wes
Wes, Software Consultant
Experience:  Experience with Quicken, Quickbooks, and Microsoft Money
63083622

How come my petty cash account in quickbooks directly

Customer Question

How come my petty cash account in quickbooks directly affects the balance of my business bank account? It is cash that I have on hand, and not in the bank. Shouldn't my bank balance remain the same?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Wes replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Blake, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Which version of Quickbooks are you using? Also, have you been using QB and this company file for a while or did you just start using it?

The first thing I'd like you to do is go into your chart of accounts, find your Petty Cash account, then right click on it and hit Edit Account. Make sure under account name you do not have the Subaccount of checkbox checked. If you do, uncheck it and save changes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been using quickbooks with my business for about 4 months now. I have attatched a screenshot of the exact transaction in my petty cash account.
Expert:  Wes replied 11 months ago.

Is this quickbooks online?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is.
Expert:  Wes replied 11 months ago.

Okay, would you like to attempt a remote assistance session where I can work on this issue while you watch? Otherwise I may have to refer you to Intuit/Quickbooks directly for support in case it's a back-end problem with their site (we're not affiliated with Intuit or Quickbooks)