Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Trying to print a current fiscal year P&L. All business

Customer Question

Trying to print a current fiscal year P&L. All business expenses sow up, but all the personal expense accounts are completely missing. What in the world is going on?
I am on 2016 QuickBooks for Mac.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rick -

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question.

Can you check the dates of your entries and of the report to verify the transaction dates fall within the date range of the P&L selected? Do the all the accounts appear on the Trial Balance? Also, please click on the Customize button when running the report to make sure you don't have any filters preventing these Expenses from showing up. Please let me know if that worked!

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Karen...
Thanks for your prompt reply.
1. I have checked all the entry dates and they are within the date range of the P&L selected.
2. All accounts appear on the Trial Balance.
3. In the report customization there are no filter boxes checked.
Where do we go from here?
Thanks for your help.
Rick Stouse

Hi Rick -

Can you check the account type for one or two of the personal expense accounts? Do you create transfers between the business and personal accounts?

Karen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Karen...
The account type on all personal expense accounts is "Expense."
I do not create transferes between the business and personal accounts.
Rick

Do you have time to setup a secure remote session so I can see the report and setup?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Just tell me what's involved and additional cost, if any.

No additional cost and if you click on this link, download & open file, you will then be logged into the remote session:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b9dbcb37-669d-4963-99bb-a955d6edd162

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Karen, I just tried to make the connection and it failed because evidently the software is good only for Windows machines and I am on an iMac. Any other suggestions?
Rick

You may need to do this also:

To connect to a Windows PC, you must first turn on remote connections. Open the System Properties and click the “Remote” tab, then make sure “Allow remote connections to this computer” is enabled. You also want to make sure you installthe Microsoft Remote Desktop client on your Mac.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried your alternative suggestion but am informed that the link cannot be used because it is from an unidentified developer. Since that is out, I would imagine the additional requirement for connection to a Windows PC is also out. If this means we've exhausted reasonable JustAnswer remedies, then I think we need to move on and admit defeat for the time we've invested.

Hey Rick -

OK - sorry about the remote connection. I know we could have resolved it if I could see the setup. I don't know of any other suggestion to give to you to correct the issue without seeing it.

I will send request to JA to give you a refund. Thanks for patience and for using JustAnswer!

Karen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** for your time and effort. When I do find the answer I will share it with you. Thanks again for persevering with me on this issue.
Rick