How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 2272
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was approved for 2015 extension and I can access my 2015

Customer Question

I was approved for 2015 extension and I can access my 2015 form, but I don't see how I can update the form. I also need to file amended returns for 2013 and 2014 because I forgot to carry over my capital losses. I need to add K-1 data to 2015. I need to know where to start. First I need to know how to amend 2013 and 2014
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I would be happy to help you with your questions. What software are you using?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
turbo tax for 2012-2015 online
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Let's start with the amended returns. The first step is that you would need to save a copy of the original return that was filed.

For 2013 you would sign on to the return. On the tax timeline you would click amend (change) 2013. You will be instructed to download your tax file. Click download your tax file and save it to your desktop for easy reference.

To amend the return you would need to download Turbo Tax Deluxe Desktop for 2013 and install it on your computer.

You would want to open the return in the 2013 software. You want to make sure that the return is exactly the same as you originally filed. You should already have a copy of the return but I suggested doing a save as to have a desktop Turbo Tax Version. Click on the federal tab other tax situation scroll down and select amend a tax return, Click start, and follow directions to amend the return. With an amended return you would need to file a paper copy.