Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have Quicken 2014, R8. I am unable to do one step update.

Customer Question

I have Quicken 2014, R8. I am unable to do one step update. I get 2 msgs; no internet connection ( I have an internet connection) And the version will not run on windows
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

a couple of things to try initially

first this is usually when its trying to log into quicken to check your vault password ***** that is the same as your intuit id

the easiest thing to do is to go to remove the vault and replace it with one that has its own password

tools / remove vault and all passwords

then do the one step update and you will have to put each bank password ***** again

if you check the box to save it that will create a new vault and try to give it its own password ***** than letting it default to your intuit id

another simple thing that you can try if the quicken was working recently is to do a system restore to a time when it was working

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.