Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Paid my state taxes small . I am using Quick Books

Customer Question
Paid my state taxes for...
Paid my state taxes for my small biz. I am using Quick Books Pro 2014. I have closed the business and this is the last tax payments. I was using the Intuit enhanced payroll. It used o be that I clickd "pay" and Intiut did the paying, this tim I had to print the checks to send to the government. Also, I always was able to print the DE9C forms when I paid the taxes, this time there was no option to do this. How do I priny yh forms through QB with all the info on it to send to the tax board and get a copy for myself. The checks were already printed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Financial Software
4/30/2016
Tech Support Rep: Angie Russell, Bookkeeper replied 1 year ago
Angie Russell
Angie Russell, Bookkeeper

If you cancelled your payroll subscription, you will not be able to print the completed forms from the program.

In the online payroll service, if you still have access... (and if you actually did the form before you cancelled the subscription) you can look at "tax form history" and see if it appears there. Likely though, you will have to do the form manually.

One other chance of getting the form (only if you actually created the form before you cancelled though) would be to find your QB data file on your computer. There is a folder there called "tax form history" and forms created and saved are sent to this file as a PDF. When you open this folder, there are subfolders for each tax form.

If you did not create the form, and you cancelled your service, you will not be able to access the form from QB. You can download a PDF of a blank form and fill it in with the correct information and submit it through the mail. Or you can file it electronically by using this link http://www.edd.ca.gov/payroll_taxes/File_and_Pay.htm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I can file electronically, but QB has already determined how much taxes i need to pay, how do I get the info that qB used to determine that and enter it on the form? Right now I am seeing that i need to find, for example, subject wages paid, UI, ETT, etc percent rates.

Across the top of your QB where it says file, edit, view.... go over to reports. Then down to employees, there should be a payroll liability report that you can run to see the total liabilities.

That will give you the amounts. (There also may be a report under the heading "other reports" called a tax worksheet report. I'm not sure if that feature is available in the pro edition or only the accountants edition.

If you file online, your online report will calculate the correct numbers based on the Gross amounts you put in.

If you still need to find your rate, you can go across the top, (file, edit, view ) and click on lists, then payroll item list. Look down the list to see the the the CA UI or however it is designated in your COA....

Reading across there will be the % amount and the maximum wages you must pay UI on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

That helped, thanks. There's a line on the DE9 that asks for "California personal income tax (PIT ) withbheld". What is that or where can I find it in QB?

That should be in the Payroll Liabilites report as well... your Quickbooks may have a different name for it... it may be referred to as SIT (State Income Tax) (you should be able to find that total the same way as the UI....just look for the item that is for PIT or SIT....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

In payroll liability balance for state taxes there's CA witholding, CA disability, CA unemployment, and CA employment training tax. I don't see SIT or PIT. To get here I went to the reports tab, to employees & payroll, to payroll liability balance. It then had a report for this last quarter showing federal and state tax liabilities. Is that the right place, because there's no PIT or SIT

It is CA withholding. I wasn't sure how yours was set up.

You are doing it correctly, I just gave you the wrong terms to look for.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Ohhhhhh, ok thanks

You're very welcome! Have a great night!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

And I am closing this business. What do I need to do to close the books and inform the government entities? Is this something that I need to get additional help apart from J.A. from you on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Please see my last post, is there help I van get to officially close the business?

Angie Russell
Angie Russell
Angie Russell, Bookkeeper