Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it

Customer Question

I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it will open. Do you know what I should do?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Barbara and welcomeYou said I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it will open. Did you mean now it will NOT open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly....sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats ok.What happens when you try to open TurboTax?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll await your call.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, your payment failed Barbara for the phone all so we have to continue here.Can you respond to my last message please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At first it recommends something but after that didn't work nothing more happened.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I need more specifics please, Can you tell me the exact message you get when you now try to open it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer to chat on my computer. I don't get a reply. I just keep tapping but nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem.How did you transfer it to this computer? Is it a Mac or Windows? And which version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10.....transferred with a flash drive
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the issue then, you cannot just transfer the program, you need to actually install it.Use the disk that your first received it with and install it from this Barbara.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't receive a disk. I received it thru email. Do not have a disk at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the email had a link then to the download.You need to download that file onto the new computer and run the installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think I have the original email that was sent. But should I discover it I then download it onto the new computer, run the installation and then how does the data get in the program.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You would need to restore the data from the other computer, so you save your .tax file, then on the new computer you copy this file to it and open it within Turbotax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I completely understand However I will try all that. But I'm through here as it appears quite a bit has been charged to my credit card, $80. to be exact!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not see anything regarding costs here as I am just an engineer. If you contact customer service on(###) ###-####hey can check this for you.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be my charge for you to go on both computers and fix this?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
$39, but you need to have the email to download it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check with Turbo tax to see if I can get it again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you purchased it then you can download it again, you just need to get the download link for your copy from them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm working on it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks