How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jade Adams Your Own Question
Jade Adams
Jade Adams,
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 15
Experience:  Full Charge Bookkeeper at Waterpoint Marina
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
Jade Adams is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my state (PA) taxes with tax act and the return is

Customer Question

I filed my state (PA) taxes with tax act and the return is incorrect. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Jade Adams replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is***** and I look forward to helping you today. Don't stress about filing an incorrect tax return. It happens a lot and they know it. All you need to do is file an amended tax return. The amended tax return should be filed within 3 years of the filing deadline for the original tax return, or 2 years from the time when tax was paid, whichever is later. So no need to stress, you have time. What you will need is Form PA-40 and Form PA-40X and the instructions for these forms. Once these are filled out you just mail them in and they will amend it. If you reported too little income or too many deductions, or tax credits weren't claimed properly, then you have up to 30 days from the date of the original filing to file an amendment correcting those mistakes. After the 30 days pass, you can still file an amendment, but you may owe a small late filing and/or late payment penalty. If you overstated your return or forgot to take deductions or tax credits that you were entitled to, then they will send you the difference. You can fill out these forms yourself, but I do suggest hiring a tax professional. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.
Expert:  Jade Adams replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Just following up to see if you need more help on this question. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my service so that we can close out this question and I may receive credit for assisting you!

Related Financial Software Questions