Financial Software

I have a question on 1120S Line F total assets, Well, what…

I have a question...

I have a question on 1120S Line F total assets

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well, what are total assets with respect to line F. Is it just cash assets or equipment too?
... Read full answer

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

3/12/2016
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant

Good evening and thank you for your tax question today.

The total assets figure that goes on the top of Page 1 of your Form 1120S represents the TOTAL net assets on your company's balance sheet. Cash, equipment, A/R, everything, net of accumulated depreciation and amortization. This gives the IRS an idea of the company size.

I hope this answers your concern today. If you need further clarification of my answer before you provide a rating, please feel free to ask and I will respond shortly. Otherwise, to close the question, please provide a positive rating!

Have a good evening!

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Ideally it should be going up each year right if my business is improving. Should the CASH be zeroed out each yearOr does it even matter?Is it better to take a cash distribution and have Line F be zero or lower
Phone call session started

It sounded like our call was inadvertently ended. If you would like to complete the call, there is no additional charge. I tried to call back and received no answer.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am finishing my LLC 1065. Husband wife partnership.
I am finishing my LLC 1065. Husband wife partnership. Balance sheet is off in turbotax by 2800. I have monies owed to the LLC by clients but we have no accounts receivable and that income is being inc… read more
I am wondering how to claim deductions for items my husband
Hi I am wondering how to claim deductions for items my husband purchased for his professional job as a musician? … read more
Emilee Weaver
Emilee Weaver
Controller,
Masters of Professional Accounting
How do you categorize a business vehicle in quickbooks? Do I
how do you categorize a business vehicle in quickbooks? Do I included as fixed asset? Other asset? or other current asset?… read more
emc011075
emc011075
Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Balance sheet from Quickbooks, where my total
I have a Balance sheet from Quickbooks, where my total current assets are 25 295. My fixed Assets are 9500. It gave a total asset of 34795. In my current liabilities I got credit cards account for -26… read more
PDtax
PDtax
Owner,
I just filed my federal 1120S tax form. I need to file my
Hi! I just filed my federal 1120S tax form. I need to file my state as well. I am from Michigan and that is 1 of the 5 states that Tax Act does not prepare for How can I file my state 1120S form … read more
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group
What does tax line mapping mean, I am adding my bank account
I am adding my bank account to QB and it is asking me about a tax line mapping? What is tax line mapping mean? … read more
Lane
Lane
JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
This is a quickbooks question - One our partners in our LLC
This is a quickbooks question - One our partners in our LLC loaned the company $15000 and it was recorded in an "other current liability" account. We bought a piece of equipment for $12000 using compa… read more
I have turbo tax and business. I have just finished
I have turbo tax for home and business. I have just finished preparing my return. However, I cannot finish my return. I sold my business on dec. 15, 2015.Turbo tax gave me nothing to handle the sale. … read more
BK-CPA
BK-CPA
I read some of your answers regarding setting up an Owner's
I read some of your answers regarding setting up an Owner's Equity account in QuickBooks but have some specific questions. The company is an LLC filing as a partnership with two 50/50 partners. Both c… read more
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
Partner,
i have a small hvac business and recently bought a property
i have a small hvac business and recently bought a property in brunswick county to extend my services ... like a branch. A place i can store equipment and meet clients or stay if i dont mind roughing … read more
Lane
Lane
JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS,
Tracking private investment in QB. I have Company A that invested
Tracking private investment in QB. I have Company A that invested some money into Company B. In QB for Company A I entered the invested money as new account "Investment in Company B", type=Other Asset… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Accountant,
Accrual Method vs. Cash Method for small S-Corp. I am working
Accrual Method vs. Cash Method for small S-Corp. I am working my 1120S returns for my S-Corporation. I am using cash accounting mainly because my tax preparer in the previous year used it. What is act… read more
PDtax
PDtax
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
Vehicle Expenses in TurboTax for Business. I am working on
Vehicle Expenses in TurboTax for Business. I am working on my 1120S form for my S-Corp using TuboTax for Business Software. Under Federal Taxes/Deductions/Vehicle Expenses I have entered the respectiv… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Accountant,
Hi, I purchased a $40k piece of medical equipment for my practice
Hi, I purchased a $40k piece of medical equipment for my practice this month using a 60 month lease with a 1 dollar buyout at the end. I plan to take sec 179 depreciation for tax year 2012. How should… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Accountant,
Im looking under my Quickbooks Chart of Accounts and Im wondering
I'm looking under my Quickbooks Chart of Accounts and I'm wondering what Shipping (Cost of Goods Sold) // Purchases - Resale Items is. Currently I'm assigning all the items i'm purchasing (that I will… read more
AnswerCPA
AnswerCPA
Advisor,
I hve a SubS Corp with an annual gross revenue of under $100,000
I hve a SubS Corp with an annual gross revenue of under $100,000 and live in Florida with no state income tax. I hve been using a CPA to do both my Corp and personal returns and want to use Turbo Tax … read more
jgordosea
jgordosea
Enrolled Agent,
I received a check from my insurance company for stolen equipment.
I received a check from my insurance company for stolen equipment. When I went to make an entry to adjust the assest account I discovered the equip was not listed. How do I record the check?… read more
Taxtom
Taxtom
Accountant,
I use QB Point of Sale and need to know what accounts to map
I use QB Point of Sale and need to know what accounts to map an item to.... The first item is a Lesson (Service) item. This item is performed at our facility, but the instructor is a subcontractor. Th… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,