Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have a message that 2015 TT has an invalid signature and I

Customer Question

I have a message that 2015 TT has an invalid signature and I need to reinstall. I do not want to lose returns I have done. Please advise how I do this.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to Open TT 2015 to complete e-files. I get the message; C:\ProgramFles (Cx86)\Turbo1tax\Delux2015\32bit\wnta.config. I can get as far as "32 bit" but do not have "wnta.config" listed
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No - I just need to know how to fix the above error message
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $31 after the Computer Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I believe that a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION, where I connect to your computer work on this as you watch, would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue and I have offered this as a Premium Service. We should be able to save your tax returns so you won't have to start over. This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Good morning? Has your issue with Turbo Tax been resolved? If you still need help please let me know. We should be able to uninstall the Turbo Tax program, but keep the data files. We can then reboot and reinstall. If you will let me know what version of Windows you hav, I cna provide detailed instructions on how to do this, or I can offer the Premium Service of a Secure Remote Connection (where I do this for you while you watch) at a discounted rate ($10 instead of the usual $26).

If you're not sure what version of Windows you have, you can click on http://whatsmyos.com/ and provide the results.