Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have downloaded TT software, filed and saved my taxes

Customer Question
for 14 years. Last year I...
I have downloaded TT software, filed and saved my taxes for 14 years.
Last year I printed, filed, saved as usual, but the save files do not include the final version and when I try to open them strange messages appear. It is not clear what data was transferred from 2014 to 2015.
How do I prevent this from happening again this year? I have 4 rental properties.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Financial Software
3/1/2016
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

the best way to make sure that it does not happen again is to open it and save it with a new name ( file / save as ) after you have completed the taxes

make sure that you know where that file is on the computer and that you can open it again

then remember to use this new file as the old tax file when you do next years taxes.