How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert M. Your Own Question
Robert M.
Robert M., Consultant
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 9075
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
Robert M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to enter my daughters income wages (she works

Customer Question

I am trying to enter my daughters income wages (she works part time) on my W2. She is 18 & I am claiming her as a dependent. I am on taxact now but no option came up & it says that my taxes are complete. Last year it gave me an option for me to input her wages. Please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 1 year ago.


I can try to assist, but I would need some more information. Are you trying to enter your daughter's income on your individual tax return?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

At 18 she needs to file her own taxes.

You can still claim her as a dependent if she is in school full time or if she made less than 3,800 dollars

It probably would not ask you the amount if you said that she was a full time student.